Tuesday, April 17, 2007

How to have them around my little paws?


This is Jin Jin today. She does not like to take pictures. Whenever I take out the camera, she knows I'm going to take pictures of her and she would look away. Today, I put her on the weighing machine and she's 6kg. Definitely, over weight. I've tried putting her on diet by cutting her meals but she keeps barking whenever she sees us eating our meals or snacking. It's quite disheartening to do that. If I give her a lunch, by night when we are having our dinner, she would come and sit next to you, wagging her tail and bark at you, hoping to have some food. I would tell her "go away" and she would sit quitely and stop barking. This comand is very strong to her. She learned this word would mean, I don't like her and would not sayang her (sayang means love in Malay). When she disorbey or makes me angry, I would use this word and she would sometimes turn away from me and pose as what you see in this picture. Don't you think she is quite pitiful. This is how she captures my heart. After sometime, I would call to her and carry her to tell her why I'm angry and use that comand. She would be okay after my stroking her and, the button is switch on again and she would start her nonsense again at times. I am only angry/annoy with her when she barks continuously. Some small dogs barking are sharp and loud.


Jin is a smart girl. She knows how to watch our face expressions. When I give her a good hard look or my voice is strong, she knows I mean business and she would be quite. But to her dad, she would bark at him for food whenever she sees him eating. If I'm eating she sometimes would bark and that's the signal to tell me she is really hungry. She would "bully" her daddy for my husband would band all rules to favour her. Of course, there are times, she also makes him annoyed, he would take the cane, and lightly tap on her butt. Aha, she knows she must behave. Then you would give you that look again, as in the picture, and you would soften again. You always hear how people talk about their pets which makes them happy when they are down and how some pets also have their owners around their little paws? I saw an article sometime ago in the local papers that a dog has a thousand looks, I truly believe so because I saw it in Jin and it's difficult to describe it, I can only feel what it means to me.

No comments: