Wednesday, April 4, 2007

JINJIN STORY 4

JinJin is a very "personalized" dog. She goes wherever I am. Be it in the kitchen, study room and even the toilet. She would sit right next to you as close as possible. I taught perhaps due to the trauma of being abandon she may change after sometime but then even now she still behave the same. If she not close by she would sit and face you directly to be sure you are within sight. Sometimes I feel unesay with her staring at my back or looking directly at me while I'm focus on the television.


The meeting between JinJin and my husband was a bit of mixed reaction initially. Few days before my hubby came back I was telling JinJin that daddy would be coming back and sayang her. That evening when he came back, her first reaction on seeing him was barking and sniffing around him. After I introduced daddy and seeing him around the house and going into the bedroom, she quiet down. (I did not allow her into my bedroom and she slept besides the door each night). Seeing daddy going into the bedroom, I suppose she feels that he must be somebody special. During those few weeks she was with me I have no visitors and I only took her downstairs for walks and she knows only my neighbours who also have dogs. Daddy is really someone important to mummy (myself). My husband talk to her but not touching her. He was like not interested in her. So my husband stayed for a week before flying back to China. During those few days, slowly things changed. My husband only touch and carry her after the third day. I could see JinJin was getting close to him by following him around and sit next to him instead of me then. My husband likes to snack and she would sit and look at him with pitiful looks. She dare not bark as she knows I will scold her. She's really afraid of me (right now I'm always the bad guy and my hubby the good guy, like the rule of discipling a kid), mummy is bad and daddy is go, giving snacks. As usual a few days before he was due to return to China, I drum "daddy is going to work work in China" many times. As my husband took midnight flights to China, he left around 9pm. I locked the door and told her to go nite nite but she sat near the door and look at it. She must be thinking daddy will come back later. After a few hours, she must have sensed daddy is not returning, she want to her bed. So whenever there is some sound at the door, she would bark. Up to now whenever daddy is out, she would do the same thinking he's back. Of course, sometime it's correct but at other times it's just the neighbours. TBC

No comments: