Sunday, April 8, 2007

FEAR

6 months past, she grew stronger. Her right hind leg can straighten after a few fast steps and she would run once she had the balance. I couldn't catch up with her during her daily walks so I had to buy a retractable leash. She always have this habit of moving ahead of me and then turn back to look at me. She wants to ensure I'm with her and not wanting to lose me. There is insecurity with her. Whenever we take her out to my parents place or my in-law, she would follow either one of us around the house. When we leave her at home alone, she would sit at our bedroom door and wait till we are back. I knew this because when I returned home the first thing I would do is unlock my bedroom door. Always felt the floor there warm.

She's afraid of rainy days. When the sky turns dark, she would move round my feet. When the thunder roars, she would bark at me, wanting to be carried. She would be trembling so much there's nothing I could do to comfort her eventhough I'm carrying her close. If we are out, she would be hiding somewhere and when we call out to her to show herself, she would not even make a souund. So we have to go looking under the furnitures to locate her. She would not come out at all.

Jin has a way of telling us when she wants to go home when we take her to some friends place which is not a familiar ground like our parents. She would look at you and bark. Not wanting to be carried but telling us she wants to go home. A friend of ours, her dog would pull her skirt or pants, signalling to go home. Isn't it funny or smart of the dogs to communicate like that? At our parents place,she would not tell us to go home. I think she enjoys the attention given by the old folks as well as the "aunties, uncles, cousins..." TBC...

No comments: